Friday, March 27, 2015

Week 11 - Webcasting

Hi Everyone,

This week we looked at Webcasting tools.  Webcasting is used to describe the process of sharing your own voice in an audio file shared in a Podcast, Screenshot, or on Youtube.  The tool that I explored most was Podcasts because of the popularity of them in sports.  I like Podcasts because they provide knowledge with individual opinions and a more personal experience.

Retrieved from Google Images

This was the first time that I experimented with creating a Podcast despite having to listened to many over the past few years.  Please check out my first short Podcast on Copyrights in Music: Mark Titus- Music Copyrights.

            
In addition to exploring Podcasts, I tried using creative tools such as Muziboo, Soundcloud, RecordMP3, and Garageband.  The most important aspect of using creative tools is copyrights.  These tools can be used to upload files such as music and share with the digital world.  I tried to explore tools such as Muziboo and RecordMP3, however they have been shutdown due to several lawsuits for copyrights.  Take a look at the explanation and how Muziboo blamed the music industry: Muziboo Blames Music Industry.

Garageband is a great tool for creating Podcasts that convert to MP3 files that can be shared.  I found Garageband very easy to use and it is a great way to share your knowledge through a Podcast.  I have always been more interested in listening to Podcasts but creating might be something I think about moving forward.

As for my PLE, I would include all of these tools including Podcasts, Garageband, and Soundcloud in my Creating category.  All of these tools allow you to create content for learning.  I could also see Podcasts and Soundcloud being included in my Socializing category because people are allowed to comment on your content and that involves interaction.

In my Feedly this week, I found an article involving the Sweet Sixteen matchup of Gonzaga vs. UCLA in NCAA March Madness.  The best part of this article is Kevin Pangos referred to as"Baby Steve Nash" of Gonzaga.  I grew up with Kevin and he lives just down the street from me.  It's a big matchup for them tonight and I'll be watching in our small town of Holland Landing.  Check out the article: "Baby Steve Nash and Gonzaga vs UCLA".

Retrieved from ESPN



Thanks for reading!

-Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment