Sunday, January 25, 2015

Week 3 - My Experience with RSS Feeds

Hello Everyone,

This week, we learned about RSS Feeds and built our own.  In the past, I woud always go to websites to find news but now my RSS feed allows the news to get delivered to me.

Most news that I check daily is related to sports particularily hockey and baseball.  One feed that I like to follow are The Hockey Writers because they cover interesting developments in the NHL.  One post that I would like to share with everyone is by Craig Hagerman, titled "NHL to Start Using Tracking Chips in Pucks and Jerseys."  This post is interesting because it is a new innovation for the NHL that has been shown at this years NHL All-Star game in Columbus.

Copied from: www.nhl.com

The NHL has experiemented with technology in previous All-Star games including the glow puck which was a complete failure because fans hated it.  Here is what it looked like: Glow Puck Footage

This year, there has been a huge emphasis on advanced statistics so having tracking technoloy of players on the ice can have many benefits to coaches and scouts.

Will this advancement be accepted and implemented in the NHL?  Only time will tell...  In the meantime, take a look at the article and feel free to share your thoughts!

Enjoy,

Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment