Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week 0 - Introduction

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mark Titus and this will be my first blog.  I have always been interested in blogs that have included sports and business but I have never been involved in creating one.  The purpose of my blog will be to provide weekly discussion and insights each week for ADED 1P32 - Learning in Digital Contexts.  I will be responding to questions from my instructor and hopefully create some great discussion.

Before we get started, let me tell you about myself.  I am currently a fourth year Sport Management student at Brock University.  Growing up, sports were a huge part of my life.  I played competitive hockey and baseball until I reached university, and continue to be an avid professional sports fan.  My passion for sport specifically lies within hockey and baseball.  I have been actively involved with the St. Catharines Jr. B Falcons for the past 3 years and am currently interning in Communications and Business Development with the PHPA (Professional Hockey Players' Association).  The PHPA is the players union responsible for the American Hockey League and ECHL. An interesting fact is that around 88% of current NHL players have played in the AHL.  This past summer I also had the opportunity to work for the Toronto Blue Jays as a part of the Activation Team.  It was great spending the summer in the city and I look forward to going back.

With this being my last year at Brock, I hope to gain more experience in the sports industry and hopefully land a job upon graduation.  My goal is to work in hockey operations and I could also see myself working for a team on the business side including marketing, sponsorship, public relations, or sales.

Over the course of the next 12 weeks, I hope to learn more about the digital world and develop my skills through this course.  This should be a fun class and I look forward to continuing with my first blog.

Thanks for reading!

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment